Even being an introvert who loves to be at home, I’m feeling how hard being quarantined is. Some moments I’m feeling super productive and some moments I’m feeling like all I want to do is watch The Office. It’s hard not to feel sad when all I want to do is hop out there and […]
Even being an introvert who loves to be at home, I’m feeling how hard being quarantined is. Some moments I’m feeling super productive and some moments I’m feeling like all I want to do is watch The Office. It’s hard not to feel sad when all I want to do is hop out there and keep being an Austin wedding photographer, but you know what, this time is what we make of it! So I wanted to share a few things that are helping me feel happy, and a few that are making me feel productive! I’ve linked all of these to Amazon so when one strikes you all you have to do is click the link and order! Yay, here we go!
1) First and foremost, my camera makes me happy. I’m trying to think of this time as a way to be more creative for myself and document our day to day life more! If you are interested in photography then there is probably NO better time than now to start learning how to use a camera! I’ve linked a Canon Rebel kit and the Nifty 50 (50 mm lens) because that would be a great starter camera system for anyone wanting to learn. Buttt for those of you who are ready to step into something even GREATER, I’ve linked the Canon 5D Mark IV and the EF 50 mm lens. When I went from crop sensor to full frame it’s like I’d entered a whole new world! There’s nothing like growing into a full frame camera. I actually use two Mark III’s, but they stopped making them so I’m linking the Mark IV for you!
2) When I find a journal I love, I stick with it. I’ve been journaling since middle school (and I still have alllll of my old journals), so I’m comfortable calling myself a “pro.” One pro move of journaling is you gotta love your journal, or you won’t use it! And I looooove my Design Works Journal. I think I’m on my 4th or 5th one now. I love that it’s lined and has numbers at the top for the date. I love that it’s on a spiral so that makes writing on the backs of pages super easy. Also, the pages aren’t stark white, but they’re also not too yellow. Plus, they’re not super flimsy and the don’t bleed through at all! (Big plus there.) They also come in reallllly pretty colors, like this bound spine version in dusty lilac – I mean, if this doesn’t want to make you start journaling I don’t know what will!
3) You probably knew that Scaredy Cuts Scissors and Cowboy Magic would be on the list in the “productive” category. I use these products on both of our Doodles when I give them their hair cuts, and a lot of you may be having to learn how to take care of your dog’s hair because groomers are closed right now! I love these scissors because they are super sharp and have balled ends to protect your dog when you use them in sensitive areas (like around the eyes). And Cowboy Magic is literally my best friend. It makes them soooooo soft and smell amazing, too. If your dog is prone to tangles I’d 100% recommend adding Cowboy Magic to your grooming routine. Also, a little goes a long way, so the bottle should last you a while!
4) For Christmas Kenton got me a Nespresso machine, and wowww I love it. The Nespresso Capsules – Melozio flavor are delicious! Literally, some nights I go to bed early just so I can wake up and drink the coffee in the morning. But you wanna know the best part about it? The milk frother. WOW, that frothy deliciousness. Every time I use it I feel like a queen. If you’re missing your daily Starbucks, then you really got to get yourself a Nespresso! We love ours so much!
5) This soy body lotion is one of my all time favorites. It makes your skin super soft and it smells so good. I like to leave mine on my bedside table to use on my hands and feet each night. Plus it looks pretty sitting there because the bottle is so lovely!
Here’s one bonus little happy. My print products! If you’re a client of mine, then you have a Pixieset gallery with me! So you have access to the most gorrrrrgeous products through your own personalized print shop! My favorites are the fine art matte prints and the gallery wrapped canvases. I literally have these scattered all over my house from my night stand to little nooks and crannies on our walls. But there are tons of other products including CARDS, which would be so fun to use right now to send letters to loved ones in this time of social distancing. If you’re a client of mine and you need help figuring out how to find/use your gallery, no worries! Shoot me an email. And if you’re not a client of mine but you want your own print shop with pretty photos of YOU and YOUR people, I’d LOVE THAT! Hop on over to my connect page and let’s get in touch!
And that’s it! Hope these gave you some ideas to make your COVID19 quarantine a little more happy!
join the list
Subscribe to the Lovely Things Newsletter and receive Mini Session opportunities, travel dates, Print Shop Sales, and more (only lovely) things.
Stay in touch?